Optometrists located in Lakewood Ranch, FL
Healthy eyes are vital to your vision, overall health, and well-being. If you have an eye disease, highly skilled optometrists Kara Collier, OD, and Cory Collier, OD, at Artisan Eye in Lakewood Ranch, Florida, can help. They use advanced in-office technology, together with their clinical experience, to diagnose and treat eye diseases. If you’re living with an eye disease and need thorough, effective and compassionate treatment, or you simply want a preventative wellness check-up, request an appointment online or over the phone today.
Ocular Diseases Q & A
What eye diseases are managed at Artisan Eye?
Artisan Eye pairs advanced technology with the extensive knowledge and experience of their eye doctors to offer patients precise diagnoses and highly effective treatments. Some of the eye diseases diagnosed and managed at Artisan Eye include:
- Allergic Eye Disease
- Corneal diseases including Keratoconus and Pellucid Marginal Degeneration.
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- Diabetic Eye Disease
- Infections, such as “Pink Eye”
- Macular Degeneration
When necessary, the doctors at Artisan Eye work together with skilled surgeons in the community to comanage patients requiring surgical treatment.
Why is early detection important for eye disease?
Like other diseases that impact our body, early diagnosis is key in the treatment of eye disease. While some conditions that impact our eye health may cause symptoms such as blurry vision or discomfort, many eye diseases have no symptoms in their earliest stages. Early diagnosis can help protect your vision and allow for a greater range of treatment options. The doctors at Artisan Eye pair their clinical experience with cutting-edge technology, allowing for the early detection of eye disease.
Artisan Eye offers comprehensive eye exams that screen for a wide variety of eye diseases. Our doctors pride themselves on providing detailed, patient-focused exams that result in treatment plans designed to meet the needs of each individual patient.
How does technology help diagnose eye diseases?
Imaging technology provides a detailed view of microscopic structures on and within the eye, allowing for early detection, diagnosis and management of eye diseases before they cause vision loss. Some of the advanced in-office technology available at Artisan Eye include:
- A-Scan: Uses ultrasound technology to measure the length of the eye.
- Corneal Topography: Measures the curvature of the cornea using thousands of points covering the cornea to create a map of the surface of the eye
- Digital Retinal Imaging: Captures a color photo of the inside of the eye including the retina, optic nerve, and macula
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT): Produces a high resolution (thousandths of a millimeter) cross-sectional scan of several structures including the cornea, retina and optic nerve
- iCare Tonometer: Accurately measures eye pressure without a puff of air or eye drops
- iWellness Scan: Recommended as part of a comprehensive eye exam, this OCT screening scan produces a single report that outlines macular health and risk for glaucoma
- Visual Field: Assesses central and peripheral visual fields allowing for areas of vision loss to be located and measured
To learn more about ocular disease management or to have your eye health examined, request an appointment online or over the phone with Artisan Eye today.